Approved by Department of Tourism, Government of Himachal Pradesh
Dharamsala's earliest history is obscured by time and the successive invasions that swept through all North India. But it is known that the original tribes identified with Kangra's hilly tracts were Dasas, a warrior people, later assimilated by Aryans. In 1849 the British posted a regiment in Dharamsala, but the place was not to remain a military cantonment for long. By 1855 it was a small but flourishing hill station and the administrative headquarters of Kangra District, which had been annexed by the British in 1848. The two main areas at the time were McLeod Gunj, named after Lieutenant-Governor of Punjab, David McLeod, and Forsyth Gunj, named after a divisional commissioner. Lord Elgin, Viceroy of British India and a former Governor-General of Canada, loved the forests of Dharamsala so much that, before dying here in 1863, he asked to be buried in the graveyard of St. John's Church in the Wilderness. Had he lived longer, Dharamsala might have become the summer capital of British India.
Reception at Airport , check in hotel then fly to Dharamsala Airport, drive to Mcleodganj, check in Hotel
Sight seeing in Mcleodganj Dalai Lama temple, Norbulingka Institute ,Gyato Monastery, TCV handicraft Centre,Water springs / waterfall & St John Church in wilderness.
Twenty minutes drive to Sagar Cottages at Galu, its peaceful place in the lap of nature and is surrounded by thick Deodar, oak and rhododondron forests